Feeding My Plecos

Rigormortis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2006
asheville, nc
I have one thats 8" and one thats 6" they are commons. I feed them wafers and I'm wondering how much I really should be feeding them, so they still clean the tank (46g). I dont want to under or over feed. Are there any general guidlines that have been developed or compiled on this topic ??? Thanx

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
I have one thats 8" and one thats 6" they are commons. I feed them wafers and I'm wondering how much I really should be feeding them, so they still clean the tank (46g). I dont want to under or over feed. Are there any general guidlines that have been developed or compiled on this topic ??? Thanx
not really.... basically if u're tank is algae free there isnt much for them to dine on. Unless you have an adequate supply of leftover food from feeing your other fishes for them to supplement their diet.

basically just make sure they dont have sunken bellies or eyes. and that'll do.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
healthy commons need a bit more that algae and do need their share of roughage in the diet really, just fresh veg like cucumber or zucc or whatever. but ios is pretty much right, plecos eat a lot and if you want it for just cleaning, just feed supplements and make sure they don t get ill from it. a fat pooping pleco is a healthy one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store