green phantom in african tank

dpool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2006
michigan
my ph in my tank is 7.8 and i was just wondering if you guys thought a green phantom would be ok in a raised ph tank.

ty any input is appreciated.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
bottom line is it will be fine, but that is the high end of the scale for it. as long as it is kept constant though, you should not find any problems at all

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Yeah, you shouldn't have any problems.

CichlidAddict

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
MN
Just make sure the africans aren't too aggressive for it. The pleco in my african tank is blind and full of battle-scars.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
My old gibbiceps was an avid cichlid killer. He took out about 6 before I sold him. He would get them at night. I Actually watched him chase one down during the day and pin it to the ground trying to kill it, before I was able to intervine.:nilly:

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
My old gibbiceps was an avid cichlid killer. He took out about 6 before I sold him. He would get them at night. I Actually watched him chase one down during the day and pin it to the ground trying to kill it, before I was able to intervine.:nilly:
monster pleco! :cool-1: should have kept it, that would look cooler at 18"

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
I keep my green phantom with my cichlids. All my plecos live with cichlids. I had a similar problem with my huge common pleco. He ate about 4 of my cichlids before I realised what was going on. Needless to say he now lives in a indoor pond.

gollum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2006
Australia
lol I had a big sailfin that used to chase my african peacocks around the tank so fast it was amazing how quick they are

lascombes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2006
louisiana
My pleco is over 12" long. Longer than my tiger oscar actually. I've had both for about 5-6 years now. Mine is very laid back, but when my oscar charges him he holds his ground very well. I'll never forget the first time my hand brushed up against him when I was moving him from a 29g to a 55g. I was like damn that sucker is built like a tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store