Tank Planters + Wonder Bulb Combo - Madison, WI - shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrophyte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
Easy Solution for Low Tech Setups: Tank Planters + Aponogeton Bulbs 3X Combination

$16.00 Shipped

This 3X combination package might be perfect for your simple windowsill bowl or other low tech tank. Tank Planters are a new planting method that use a threaded container to hold plant roots along with a nutrient-rich substrate. They maintain the plant as a full-modular unit, so you can move it around as you like. They make it easy to keep plants in bare-bottom setups and with fish that like to dig and disturb regular rooted plants. Here is a shot of the "medium" (2.25" wide) Tank Planter model included with this combination offer.

The Tank Planter includes the planting container (bottom center) along with planter screen (top left), time-release nutrient pellets (top center) and planter soil (top right). This offer includes three complete kits already planted with Aponogeton bulbs. All you have to do is drop the planters in your tank and watch the plants grow.

Here is another quick picture showing representative Aponogeton bulbs.

I acquired these as the familiar "wonder bulbs" and I'm unsure of the species, although they might be A. natans. Like most Aponogeton these can be expected to do well in low tech, low light systems. You will probably do best to keep them in lowish light so that they won't have to contend with a lot of algae growth on their leaves. The bulbs that I have here are already sprouted, but I will trim the leaves for shipping. You should see re-sprout and start to grow soon after placement in your tank.

The Tank Planter system offers a particular advantage for Aponogeton because the re-closeable planter cup makes it easy to add more fertilizer to the root zone. Aponogeton seem to do best with good root nutrition and can start to decline in nutrient-poor substrates.

This next picture can give you an idea of how the Tank Planters + rooted plants might look in your tank.

This is a simple 2-gallon enclosure with a Cryptocoryne and an Echinodorus plant. I think that they look nice with the planters sitting right on the tank bottom, but you can also cover them with a gravel of your choice for a more natural appearance.

I will ship the complete 3X combination via USPS Priority Mail to any US destination* for $16.00. This is a good deal. Just send a PM or respond into this thread if you have any questions.

*I need to re-check California regulations because it might be prohibited to ship this kind of plant + soil substrate unit into that state.

hydrophyte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
I can still make a couple more of these available.

Here's a quick picture of the 30-gallon that I have set up with Tank Planters. I mean to bury the planters down in the gravel pretty soon.

The taller, slender olive-green foliage is from the same wonder bulbs in this offer. They grow remarkable fast when you put them in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store