Monster panaque on aquabid

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
it would be cool to have a pleco that size but dont you think its a little mean to catch an adult fish living in the wild its whole life and placing it in captivity? i think this might also stress the fish out possibly leading to an early death. the fun of buying a baby fish and raising it into a monster is the most gratifying to me. just my opinion though.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
haha i have the space now :)!!!!!1 to bad i dont want one though :( we have some normal plecos in the springs that i live near that are like 3ft long and swim with us

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
That is a beast:nilly: If I did not have a collection of 4" it is very tempting. Just imagine the amount of food you go through just feeding it once is amazing. I go through 5 cuccumbers a week already for about 20 plecos

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
That thing would eat all the driftwood you could fit in the tank

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
milkman407;481872; said:
haha i have the space now :)!!!!!1 to bad i dont want one though :( we have some normal plecos in the springs that i live near that are like 3ft long and swim with us
Being from Dade Co, I've caught plecos at a foot to a foot and a half. But, you're going to have to show me a pleco at 3 ft from FL. Never saw them anywhere near that size.

Sescila

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
Long Island
Amazing fish !!! It should have been left in the river though. It's cruel to place a fish that size in captivity. That fish is probably 8-10 years old and should have lived the rest of his days in his native river. Just my .02

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
Oddball;482124; said:
Being from Dade Co, I've caught plecos at a foot to a foot and a half. But, you're going to have to show me a pleco at 3 ft from FL. Never saw them anywhere near that size.

I have seen some about a 2 foot in the Lee County area (Southwest Florida) never anything over 2 foot though. Sounds like a little exageration

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store