Pleco's "what a mess!"

ospy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2006
Washington state
I bought a 180gl tank recently wich came with about 6 fish. The least notable of these was a rather entertaining pair of 10" plecos. I named them Bonnie and Clyde as they are always together and usually pretty busy. I hadn't had plecos in a tank for thirty years and if they hadn't come with the tank I wouldn't even have thought to get em ever. But I was immediatly entertained by these two who have grown up together. BUT THEN LATER!!!!! I noticed these guys are constantly pooping up the tank. If I had a $20.00 bill in my pocket right now, I'd bet that if I went to the other room one of them is pooping. And usually about 6" - 10" of it trailing along behind it like its some sort of party. After noticing this, I became acutely aware of the fact that these two are messing up the tank. I've got pleco-poo hanging everywhere! Its like when your on your way to work at 6:00AM and you noticed the neibor kids TP'd the house three doors down the street. Thats what my tank looks like. Its like Christmas tree garlan all over everything. Never seen anything like it.
The plecos got to go!

rasdbo

420man
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
near purple indo lake
what type of plecos, pics please?

ospy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2006
Washington state
there like some spotted sailfin pleco's. I don't know....hold on, I'll look it up .................................. Okay, I got it! Its a Hypostomus plecostomus! Impressed? I told you I don't know plecos very well. As long as your impressed I should tell you what they say the regular name is. Its the "common pleco" Well thats not very impressive at all now. as for pics I just don't know why I'd want to shoot a picture of them. Although as I said, I really do like there personality wich surprised me. Its just the mess!

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Haha, commons do that, well all plecs do that. Try having a 55 with 3 large plecs, and 3 small plecs. Or try having a 135 with 11 plecs from 3" up to 7"

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Haha, I don't mind it too much. Of course for commons I wouldn't really deal with it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store