wtf noooooo

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
i need some help i would like to know what a fish would look like when its protective slime coat has been sucked off.
all the evidence leads to my 4in pleco.
the victim my 3in convict his whole body has been sucked he's got weak breathing and isn't moving.
i've got a 3 1/2in jack dempsy in with them but i've seen his attacts on other fish and i'm sure it's not him.
the cons body doesn't look bitten it looks like its been sucked the tail fin that would be bitten and shreded if it was my dempsy are normal other than it looks like the skin or whatever the fish has on its tail has ben sucked.
i'll post pics.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
Once a pleco tastes slime coat theres no going back. It should look like the fish looks dry i would guess lmao and not as shinny as normal

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
ya he looks dry.
wont stay upright keeps on going up side down.
piece of crap computer wont let me upload pics

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
lmao ???

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Is it a pink convict or the black con? Back when I had a monster killer plec when he would attack fish (which was very odd to watch) you would wake up in the morning with a fish with 1-3 big round spots on its side. Of course this plec didn't stop with just the slime coat.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
This thread scares the **** outa me... makes me never wana have a pleco... to bad i have 2 2" royal plecos in my 120gallon with all my prized fish :( hope he dosent suck off slime coat or hes going into a 10 gallon

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Don't worry about royals. They are generally an easy going fish. The one I had a problem with was a h. punctatus.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
phew :chillpill: i feel much better but yea if i was u i would try and put the pleco in a diff tank and put a feeder in there and see if u get the same outcome

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
That monster plec died long ago from old age. Large H. plecostomus and h. punctatus need protein in their diet when they get larger. They will prefer larger prey such as angels, lg. balas, lg. gouramis etc.

quix

Candiru
MFK Member
May 20, 2005
Singapore
the meat eaters are the ones who may do this..but if u keep them well fed..there's lower chance of dat happening..i myself have not experienced much of plecos sucking on other fishes before..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store