flowerhorn not eating

bunty82

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Delhi, India
i just shifted from my place & same happened with my flowerhorn . his water is also changed , now he has noteaten for the past 1 week . tried boiled pea, ate a bit but now not eating anything. please help

bunty82

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Delhi, India
now i can see small strings of white poop please helps. i kept him in the epsom salt+metrogyl tab dissolved in the water. for 24 hrs. but no help !

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Hi Bunty,

I would not try dosing metro in the water. Mix it with the food and lace the food with garlic to perk him up. Metro is best administered via foods.

Any change in water conditions between the old place's and new place's? I'd check the water parameters.

Are lights off? How long are they kept on?
Temperature?
Tank size?
Filtration?

Brian_Indiana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
Muncie, IN
White poop and loss of appetite might be an internal parasite. My FH had an internal parasite a while back. He had white poop, loss of appetite, stopped swimming, and faded color. I treated it with API General Cure twice. It cleared it up.

bunty82

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Delhi, India
alright i m followimg 5 day epsom salt treatment. 10g water mix with 20gm epsom salt + metrogyl 400mg tab. i did water change on the end of 2nd day (50 % water change) and did the same on the start of 4th day. but tkday no metrog tab jst epsom salt. will do the water change 2moro also. stil he is not eating anything but he is respond to me well .

bunty82

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Delhi, India
ok now the problem is, he eat only boiled deshelled peas, that , to when he want to eat. What should i do now?

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Get the metro back and treat for five days. Give bloodworms a shot or try to lace any other foods with garlic to coax him to eat. I'd go with shrimps as second option after bloodworms.

alexmuw

Feeder Fish
Jul 31, 2009
meow
What is the best way to lace the food with Metronidazole?

Make a metro-solution and soak, or just sprinkle it on and hope for the best?

Thanks.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
alexmuw;4837818; said:
What is the best way to lace the food with Metronidazole?

Make a metro-solution and soak, or just sprinkle it on and hope for the best?

Thanks.
Crush tablet and sprinkle, or roll the food around so the metro sticks fast. Try using shrimps or fish fillet (whichever your fish can manage). Cut them up and stuff with powder.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store