Check out this pleco...

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
placed in a small tank prior to picture being taken, squished!!!

or

possible recovery from a broken back...?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
I believe it is caused by a genetic defect. We had one at the store I worked at a month ago, and it had been kept in a 125 all its life. Looked 100% identical, except the tail had another kink in it.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Thats the first time I have seen something like that with a pleco. I would be inerested to really know the cause of that.

About how big is that pleco Davo?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Honda12;516007; said:
Thats the first time I have seen something like that with a pleco. I would be inerested to really know the cause of that.

12-15" it was hard to tell. it was living in a a few thousand gallon tank with a school of about 20 fully grown red belly piranhas (they grow so much bigger than people realise), unfortunately i didnt get a decent pic of the whole display, but it was pretty awesome. i just noticed this plec on the floor in it. there are also a whole lot of mollies that obviously breed and co-exist.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Honda12;516007; said:

This seems to only be a genetic defect. The one that we had was in a 125, the one davo saw was in an even bigger tank. The one that came in to the store had been purchased looking like it did. That is how it ended up looking for the rest of its life.

The one we had was about 12 inches TL, but if you were to straighten him out he would have been around 20".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store