Skin shed

titustitus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
Singapore
Gshock;4955874; said:
Probably the slime coat shedding. Comes from either crappy water or a load of stress.
my guess would be poor water quality cos when i was changing my water, it became cloudy due to the movement of the sand particles and dang the worms stink! might be stress too...

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
Looking at your other thread, your tank is too small and that miniature HOB filter probably isnt enough to keep up with your ray's bioload. Only thing you can do now is do a lot more water changes and get a bigger tank and filter.

titustitus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
Singapore
Gshock;4956271; said:
Looking at your other thread, your tank is too small and that miniature HOB filter probably isnt enough to keep up with your ray's bioload. Only thing you can do now is do a lot more water changes and get a bigger tank and filter.
ok got it! thanks!

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
What you are seeing isn't shedding skin, it's the sloughing of the slime coat on the outside. Stingrays has very fine denticles covering there body that aren't shed. The slime is coming off to due an external simulation of some kind causing a problem. Could be water quality, could be stress, could be from stirring up the sand when you change the water. I'd suggest slowing down the gravel vac and water additions. You should be going slow enough that you aren't stirring up the tank that much.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store