how do I go about getting my perch to eat..

eman b115

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
I dont know what to do guys; how do I get this siniperca of mine to eat prepared food what have been you guys' techniques to training these guys. I've had this 5" fish since Sunday mofo still hadn't eaten what the hell do i do. what other thing would they take.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
if nothing else start getting some feeders ready.

I got mine to eat by "fishing" with shrimp. Tied a fishing line to some shrimp and he took it.

eman b115

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
rallysman;525031; said:
if nothing else start getting some feeders ready.

I got mine to eat by "fishing" with shrimp. Tied a fishing line to some shrimp and he took it.
You think I should separate this guy from my larger dats when I add the feeders.... I know for sure the dats would eat most of the feeders... Here's another if my dats are already trained to eat prepared foods (except for one dat you know which one this is Rich:D lol) and you give them live feeders would they start weaning of prepared and go back to just feeders/live foods. Does any1 wanna buy my perch:( :( :(

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
eman b115;525068; said:
You think I should separate this guy from my larger dats when I add the feeders.... I know for sure the dats would eat most of the feeders... Here's another if my dats are already trained to eat prepared foods (except for one dat you know which one this is Rich:D lol) and you give them live feeders would they start weaning of prepared and go back to just feeders/live foods. Does any1 wanna buy my perch:( :( :(
That method has always worked with me. Isolate the new fish , give it a few feeders , i make them all fat and healthy then i start introducing non- live foods.

Its hard enough for the new fish to get acclimated to the water and new environment, let alone join in the feeding frenzy in its weakened condition.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store