Very good day to go shopping!!!!

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
I decided to head out to hunt for plecos today. I drove to Salt Lake City wich is about 48 miles from my house. I had it all planned out Mapquest from destination to destination. 4 different fish stores in one trip. Only took me 3 hours total.

First place I go to this is what I find. $60 US

Same place I came across this fugu puffer for $15 US. All you can see is it's eye. As soon as I put it in the tank it went strait down and buried itself in the sand.

Second stop I scored 2 3" L18 gold nugs. For $50 US. (Sorry no pics yet)

Third stop I Scored this big girl for my male. Same size as mine 7" for $50 US

I also scored a little 3" Bruno aka Rhino for $5 us. All in all I'm very happy I went out today. Still waiting for my new Coolpix cam with macro. As soon as it comes in I'll get shots of my new plecs.

js302

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
England
It's been a good day!

Congrats. Great fish.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
nice finds! i love fish shopping days!

whats that first pleco called?

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
Actually they pulled the old switcheroo on me. The one in the pic is my male. The other has different odontodes, or lack there of. I'm not sure about the first pleco, but I believe it is a lepoard cactus. It has so many spines on it. I cringe at the thought of stepping on one or grabbing one bare handed.

upyun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Philadelphia
nice day of splurging!!

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
somthinsfishy;526518;526518 said:
I decided to head out to hunt for plecos today. I drove to Salt Lake City wich is about 48 miles from my house. I had it all planned out Mapquest from destination to destination. 4 different fish stores in one trip. Only took me 3 hours total.

First place I go to this is what I find. $60 US

Same place I came across this fugu puffer for $15 US. All you can see is it's eye. As soon as I put it in the tank it went strait down and buried itself in the sand.

Second stop I scored 2 3" L18 gold nugs. For $50 US. (Sorry no pics yet)

Third stop I Scored this big girl for my male. Same size as mine 7" for $50 US

I also scored a little 3" Bruno aka Rhino for $5 us. All in all I'm very happy I went out today. Still waiting for my new Coolpix cam with macro. As soon as it comes in I'll get shots of my new plecs.
Great looking plecos.

PS, Bruno, and rhino are two different species. Brunos are L137, and generally have a red dorsal and tail, and sometimes have blue eyes. Rhinos, are brown with large "horns".

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
somthinsfishy;526597;526597 said:
Actually they pulled the old switcheroo on me. The one in the pic is my male. The other has different odontodes, or lack there of. I'm not sure about the first pleco, but I believe it is a lepoard cactus. It has so many spines on it. I cringe at the thought of stepping on one or grabbing one bare handed.
How did you check on this? Males can lose their odontal growth when stressed, or after a fight. The only certain way to check is too look at body profile, in some species, and the papilla.

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
Yeah I took some pictures of both of them for you. Please tell me if I have a pair.

Here are three shots of the one I already had. It never has really had big odontodes.

And the newly purchased one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store