Complete 125 Setup Acrylic - Fort Walton Beach, FL - P/U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
I'm looking to trade my 125 gallon complete setup for a long glass 125 gallon complete setup. I purchased this tank in a rush to get my two Oscar that were housed in a 55 gallon moved up to a larger tank. Everything else in the setup like stand, lid, filtration setup was all custom built by me. I've been told by a few people they're pretty sure the original person that built the acrylic tank designed it for salt water. I think because of the in tank overflow being center on one side it might have been designed as a peninsula setup and it's more tall and deep than length. Anyhow, it does need some buffing. As I said I was in a hurry to get the tank up and running and didn't take my time on the buff job but I've read with proper time and TLC it could look brand new. It doesn't look horrible right now by any means but you can see that it could use a real good take your time buff. Anyhow, I called glasscages and asked them how much the tank would go for if they made it, same dimensions 3/4" acrylic, two center braces, in tank overflow with extra emergency chamber and they quoted me 1800$. I'm just looking for another 125g 6' long setup since I house agressive cichlids and need the length.

Anyhow, here's some of the specs and everything that is included in the setup.

-125 gallon acrylic tank 53Lx23D”x24H 3/4" acrylic 2 clear acrylic braces in tank overflow with two exits and separated with emergency chamber with one exit
-Custom stand and canopy Stand sits 42" high and to the top of canopy is 67" high. It's perfect viewing range while standing up.
-Stand has pre cut squares for overflow plumbing to go underneath stand
-custom 20-30g W/D drawer sump (CHOMPERS design)
-Mag Drive model 2 and model 9.5 purchased new from bigal's
-4' standard shop lamp light that has grooves cut into the lid and 4 small screws that hold it down
-Back of the tank is sprayed black but if you wanted to make it a peninsula tank I'm sure you could get the paint off. (But I'm no expert on paint, I'd assume you could sand it off when sand buffing or get it off with a turpentine mixture, not sure)

I spent a lot of time and effort on this setup and it runs very well. I'm not trying to get cash, I'm strictly looking to trade for another 125g 6' long tank setup. I'll put some pictures up, and you can also check my picture gallery for even more pictures of construction of stand, lid, and things like that.

EvilKid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2009
SOUTHERN CALI.
Nice tank to bad your so far I have 125 glass with stand I would be willing to trade if you where closer but Cali to Florida just not worth the trouble anyway good luck hope you find someone in your area

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
EvilKid;5030359; said:
Nice tank to bad your so far I have 125 glass with stand I would be willing to trade if you where closer but Cali to Florida just not worth the trouble anyway good luck hope you find someone in your area
That's exactly what I'm looking for too. *Sigh* Everyone is in California... Thanks for the good luck. I think I'm going to need it being in Florida. :(

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
*BUMP*

I scored a cheap 90 gallon 5' long off craigslist so I was able to separate some of the fish that weren't getting along in this tank but I'm still willing to trade my complete setup for a glass length tank.

I'd actually be willing to trade if it's a little below 125g as long as it's a long tank and at least 5'. (nothing below 90 gallons though)

Jon M

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Port Saint John, FL
*BUMP*

If you've got a 90g or 100g long and have been trying to upgrade here's your chance anybody. I'm willing to trade for something a bit smaller like I said in previous bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store