aggressive fish with personality for 150 gallons?

psychofox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Norway
I'm thinking about what fish to put in my new aquarium. I've thought much about dwarf snakeheads, but i don't know. It would be really cool to have a fish that can become "tame", that can recognize me and such. I've heard that aro's can become tame, but are there species that fit in my tank that can? or are there other carnivorous fish that you recommend?

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
Snakeheads have bags of personality, my cobra comes to the tank wagging his tail every time I approach. I hand feed him and my aro.

You could keep a jardini in that tank for a year or 2, but it would end up being alone.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
I would say get some Pleuro's. I've had a set of three for a little while now and I would say they are as interesting as the Cuda's I had but less fragile. Real charactors. Kind of a pack of dogs hunting rather than a shoal.

And real good looking fish.:)

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
i know its hard to find and might not be the best killer but if you can get a BIG fire eel, you will have a ish with a superb personality that will eat out of your hand and swim to each corner with you.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank

GooDyboy420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2006
Wisconsin
www.myspace.com
Ive heard that Jaguar ciclids have awesome personalities, beatiful fish and they can get a nice size. I just got a green terror for him only being about 2 inches, he has to follow me in my 75 gallon fish tank. Great color.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
:nilly: Ive had a Jag Cic. he was very personable and got big fast.. would mercilessly kill comets even when his mouth was full of tails stickin out. But i would Say why not get a SHovelnose? or a ATF? Pirahna tankif you want more water changes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store