Royal vent picture help.

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
I finally snapped a clear picture of the vents of both royals. Can anyone tell me their sex? They look different to me. I'm thinking pair. Need another opinion though.

Example #1

Example #2

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
The first is definitely male, the second looks to be a piece of poop.. :D Hard to call with the poop hanging out, but it might be female.

Haha, I just can't be satisfied with your pictures. :D Must say that camera is taking some excellent pictures. Want to send it to me to borrow for a few days?

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Haha, what it's not my fault that your poop machine had poop hanging out when you took the picture. Yep that is a female.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Big cave, and a seperate tank, lots of water flow, and water changes. Keep a high protein, and fiber diet for them, with quality foods.

T time

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2006
I've heard of one Royal spawning in captivity and it was a complete accident. The fish were both around 7-8".

I don't know what size your fish are but they will mostly likely need a ton of conditioning and lots of time to grow up.

Congrats on having both a male and female.

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
They are both about 7"-8" right now. I'm guessing I need to put them into a dry season situation for a while, then change to mimic the rainy season. With alot of flow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store