Does this whiptail look like it's prego?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
that doesnt look like fat. looks either carrying or illness. hope its not the latter but hard to tell

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
Out of the all the new plecos I've picked up I've had. The 3" goldie, 3"gold nug., and a 3.5" lepoard frog DIE! I'm pissed. I don't know why they died. The lepoard died the day after I got it, and the nug about 2 weeks. The goldie week and a half. Crappy part is most of them were only guarenteed upon arrival. No refunds! Not to mention the L200 that was DOA. That has really put a damper on my week. Good thing the local fish club auction is this weekend. That means more money for plecos. I also keep a ton of Malawi, and Tanganyikan cichlids. I breed them then sell them at the auction. When a certain species becomes not wanted I auction of the pair. I've been hoarding for this auction. I'm hoping to bring home at least $200, and it's all going twards plecos.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
hope the whiptails ok. was there any visible cause of death signs on your other plecos. 200$ is a lot of cash. thats either a few nice plecos, or one really nice big fat pleco. :)

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
The whiptails are fine. Their were no signs of scarring, bloating, inactivity. They all were eating just fine. I tested my water all perameters are good. Maybe they were sick prior to me getting them.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Your whiptail looks fine to me. Mine look even fatter than that since they are all females. They eat perpetually and that's a good thing! It sounds like your previous bad luck with plecos is an acclimation prob although leopards are notorious for keeling over in transit or on day one after they arrive into their new tank. They are sensitive lil thingies until they acclimate.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
One of mine. Fat girls rule.

fatcat.jpg

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
That's a completely different species you have there, looks really good too. I'm still waiting on those red lizard loricarias.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store