l200 growrate

limz_777

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
been feeding my l200 bloodworms , i notice the growth rate is very slow , is it my feeding diet or a slow growing pleco?:screwy:

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
yea they arent the fastest growers. what are you feeding, whats its current size, and how long you had it?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
How long have you had them. Their growth rate is nothing like a common, but they do grow pretty good. You should see about an inch every 4 months. What do you feed them other than bloodworms. This is a species that is not overly excited by bloodworms.

limz_777

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
only bloodworm ,tried prawns and cucumber, it doesnt seem interested, should have gotten a bigger one , can't wait to move him into the main community tank, what other diet can i feed ?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
For veggies I use:
Zucchinni
cucumber
brocolli stems
shelled peas
potatoes
sweet potatoes/yams
pumpkin
carrots

For Fruits:
Kiwi
mango
occassional apple

Make sure the fruits you use are very firm, and not ripe. When they are too ripe they will foul your water quality very quickly.

Meats/other foods:
Beefheart
bloodworms
shrimp pellets
raw market shrimp
brine shrimp
spirulina pellets
sinking carnivore pellets
algae wafers
HBH cichlid attack
frozen krill

These are all foods that I feed regularly-monthly.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
make sure you wash you're veggies too. my plecs eat the whole broccoli, not just the stalks. with high starch foods like potatoes i wash them thoroughly and even leave them to soak for half a day or so. its not good for your water quality

limz_777

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
WyldFya;550100; said:
Do you feed at night, or during the day?
usually at night , when he comes out from hiding , quite a variety of diet , how you get fruits and veggies to sink to the bottom?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store