new red-tailed cuda

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
my little guy wont eat yet... and i can imagine because he came from riverwonders and the plane had a problem so he was a day late... other than guppies what would you guys feed him to get him going, he wont go for krill, blackworms, or bloodworms yet.

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
Asian_Redtail_Catfish;551569; said:
When I had mine, it only ate live goldfish feeders..It never ate dried prepared food..Those things are hard to train to eat non living food.
i dont like using feeders due to money/disease, so i feed frozen to everything. i bought it because i thought somebody else on here had converted their's to frozen krill, but i may have been wrong.

Asian_Redtail_Catfish

Feeder Fish
Jun 21, 2006
United States
downset21;551572; said:
i dont like using feeders due to money/disease, so i feed frozen to everything. i bought it because i thought somebody else on here had converted their's to frozen krill, but i may have been wrong.

With redtail barracuda, it is very hard to train to eat non living things..One time, I got one eating a carnivore stick but it spit it out..

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
downset, he is right.

Put it this way, in England feeding exclusively feeders is not really an option, as there are no "feeders" you jsut have to buy a full price goldfish or platy for 3 or 4 dollars each.

I had 2 acestro altus and they never took prepared foods, however hard I tried.

There are some people that have big, 10 inch plus cudas that take prepared foods, but if you only just got yours you're going to have to feed it live fish, it won't take prepared food right away.

The only other thing I got mine to eat was live river shrimp, but they preferred live fish.

They are just as hard as vampire tetras to get onto live food, maybe harder.

how big is the fish?

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
Yea IMO they are very hard to get to eat nonlive. Mine only accepted live. But there are exceptions but its very difficult. GL to you hope u do it.;)

HugeGhost

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
California
Cool fish you can try silversides on fishing line tied to your powerhead or just wiggling it on a small pole. I gotten all my red tail payaras eating silversides, it takes lots of patience, i actually have a pole and watch tv while i wiggle the silversides eventually they eat especially when hungry!
ps sometimes takes me 1 hour to feed all 4 of them but i inject the silversides with vitamins and am really happy everytime one eats.

downset21

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2005
Quincy, MA
rumblesushi;551792; said:
downset, he is right.

Put it this way, in England feeding exclusively feeders is not really an option, as there are no "feeders" you jsut have to buy a full price goldfish or platy for 3 or 4 dollars each.

I had 2 acestro altus and they never took prepared foods, however hard I tried.

There are some people that have big, 10 inch plus cudas that take prepared foods, but if you only just got yours you're going to have to feed it live fish, it won't take prepared food right away.

The only other thing I got mine to eat was live river shrimp, but they preferred live fish.

They are just as hard as vampire tetras to get onto live food, maybe harder.

how big is the fish?

3" and very skinny, i gave in and threw guppies in there... but i keep trying with bloodworms and krill... this is gonna suck.

SLANTED

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Good luck. I never got any of my species of Aces to eat non-live foods. I know of one member who got his A. Isaline to eat silver sides using a certain technique.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store