jade goby stopped eating

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
for like a week now and im worried. he used to chow blood worms and the occasional krill/silverside. he is acting normal and swimming fine. water perms are A-0 Ni-0 Na-20. i started using purigen but that cant be it right? everybody else is doing fine...

btw its wild caught lol. sombody caught it in a castnet while catching cichlids and i got it for free. its also taken a few good bichir beatings.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
oops big detail left out: on a few occasions he had GREEN fecal hanging from his anus and also what looked like a breeding tube on a cichlid was extended furthur than usual. hope this helps.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
come on fishnerds, GUPPY!! ODDBALL!! FUGUPUFF!!! RALLY!!

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Are you keeping him in brackish conditions? All the jade gobies I've raised (including my present breeding pair) have needed increases in salinity as they matured until they were up to mid-brackish estuary conditions as adults. My trigger to increase salinity has always been 1. drop in color and, 2. going off feed.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Does your JAde Swim Vertically, I was sold a "MArbled Goby" which turned out to be the Sleeper JAde GOby, or sumthin and this fish never swam horizontally anywhere... ALWAYS up and Down bobbing like a bouy, and i had the Fish for 2yrs...bout 7 inches or so

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
Oddball;554503; said:
Are you keeping him in brackish conditions? All the jade gobies I've raised (including my present breeding pair) have needed increases in salinity as they matured until they were up to mid-brackish estuary conditions as adults. My trigger to increase salinity has always been 1. drop in color and, 2. going off feed.
not brackish but 1 tsp per 5gal. was thriving in a freshwater pond before i got him.

SuPraScOObY

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
SIN City
I've had my jade goby since he was 1.5" and has always been in my freshwater tank. My other jade goby (smaller one) was raised similarly by a LFS keeper. My goby used to eat vigorously and was always hungry. As it got to around the 10" mark or so he really slowed down on eating as I rarely see him eat.

How big is yours?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store