new roayal stripe plec

aro ahoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2006
oak harbor
hey guys i just pickd up a new one and was owndering what the growth rate was and any other advice ot keepeing them. thanks

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
I assume you mean a Royal pleco. There are a few species that go by royal pleco, and they grow to different sizes. A picture or L# will fix that mystery. In general they are relatively slow growers. Driftwood is a must, and lots of veggies, and fruit, with occassional meaty foods. Good cave or hiding spot is also needed, but if you get a good piece of driftwood, that will take care of the cave.

aro ahoy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2006
oak harbor
heres a pic of the little guy. so drift wood and veggies.... got the veggies and the wood is a trip to the store tomorrow..alright sweet..and your sayin slow grower? i thought they wer a decent rate

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
It's an L190 panaque nigrolineatus. Max size is approximately 12". Don't only offer veggies, also offer fruits and meats. Search the pleco sections I have recently posted several times a list of what all I feed my plecos. They are a slow grower compared to a standard catfish, but about average for a pleco. Depending on how well fed you can expect anywhere from 1" in 1 year to 1" in 2 months. Very seldom do they grow as fast as 1" in two months but it does happen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store