Is it okay?

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
Hey MFK. I bought a used 150gallon a while back and I just started having some time to start working on it. When I bought it, the owner had it filled 50% but thats because she was selling everything and had to drain it in advance so I thought nothing of it. They told me it leaked and they resealed it but suggested I reseal it again cause of the move. I also wanna add that they left sand on the bottom since it took a while to drain the rest of the tank while I was there.

So yesterday I started removing the sand. I noticed that near the bottom brace, there was white paint or something smeared along it. I can't lift it since it took like 4 people to bring this into my house, but below I have a picture of it. Can anyone think of any reason why they did this?

Also, I had some friends start chipping off the silicone inside. I didn't notice until one of them pointed out to me that it looks as if they took apart the glass panels and silicon-ed them together. I also have a picture of it below.(Keep in mind that the silicone you see is between the glass and some of it is smeared out onto the glass) Will this in anyway affect the integrity of the tank?

Hoping for the best. T_T

Bottombrace.JPG

Side.JPG

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
it looks like they may have painted the bottom instead of using a substrate. There is supposed to be silicone between the glass. Im not sure what the picture is showing. I would fill test it in a water safe area and go from there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store