FUGU PUFFER BRACKISH OR MARINE?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Which specie ? I know there are several Takifugu puffers available in the trade.
Some are brackish and ive read that there is one that can go all fresh. Im trying to find out myself.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
I thought Fugu's were freshwater species.

Redtailfool - Borat, NICE, I like!

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
I have what i think is a Takifugu Obscurus and they are totally comfortable in fw and in salt.

Yegshamesh ! My sister is number .. oh well forget it..

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
fishking;573281; said:
this is the puffer in question...thanks
We have the same specie.. i believe its Takifugu obscurus and would do good in both brackish and fresh..just be very diligent with water changes.. i noticed how they develop pimples if i dont change water that often and it quickly goes away after a water change.

Check this .. Biodmedcentral.com

fishking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
new york
I Really appreciate it, I was just ready to slowley acclaimate him into my marine aquarium, hey he's in with a large bycon now in a 90 gallon, will that work?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
fishking;573305; said:
I Really appreciate it, I was just ready to slowley acclaimate him into my marine aquarium, hey he's in with a large bycon now in a 90 gallon, will that work?
a brycon ? thats asking for trouble... a brycon is pretty aggressive and this fugu is a fin nipper.

fishking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2005
new york
I knew about the bycon which is the same size as this beast, but I did not know about the FUGUS habbits, I just picked him up today at shark aquarium, he's actually a bit over 9 inches, AND REAL THICK, a real beast, and I have no where to put the bycon... so for now I'm gonna camp out by the tank lol, THANKS brother...

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
fishking;573326; said:
I knew about the bycon which is the same size as this beast, but I did not know about the FUGUS habbits, I just picked him up today at shark aquarium, he's actually a bit over 9 inches, AND REAL THICK, a real beast, and I have no where to put the bycon... so for now I'm gonna camp out by the tank lol, THANKS brother...

No Problem sir ! Thats why were here.. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store