Got my first P Bass last night.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
My search to get P Bass for myself here in Regina officially came to fruition last night.

I have tried for easy 2 years to get some and much to my shock last night when I went to visit a buddies fish room last night he had 6 of them that just came in from Peru. Freshly caught and I have no idea how he got them as all of the suppliers I tried would not ship here as their P Bass I was told were for their more regular customers.

I will post up some pics in a bit.

I also want to use the thread to document them as I grow them out.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
Here are the pics from last night

last one is a different pattern than the others.

What I was thinking was dang these guys have shrunken bellies I really hope I can get them on the pellets that I have. I tried some flake and a few other things and nothing. However when I dropped in Extreme Big Fella 3mm pellets they hit them instantly.

I always wondered why you cichla guys were so enamored with this fish and after seeing their interaction I can understand why.

What I am looking forward to is seeing how they transform from what they are now to what they will be like as adults.

The FH gets moved in about an hour and the botia is also going to get moved as it seems to be a fin nipper.

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
nice!!! but be sure to fatten up. u can try the pellets now since they are already starved but after a day i would just give em bloodworms or blackworms just to get them something to eat. that last pbass is a 2 spotter...is it both sides?

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
the last one is like that on both sides

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Congrats on the new pick ups! Hurry up and fill out those bellies. The last 2 spot looks cool. Good luck and we are here if you have any ?'s.

For now...make sure the tank is heavily oxygenated and the water is at 86-87. keep em well fed.

jimmie1974

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2008
New Jersey
all ocellaris including the 2 spot. Had some years ago. If you do a search on my post from years back you'll see some sub-adult pics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store