RIP orinos :(

Aro_addict

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2011
Hawaii
so i lost 2 out of the 3 orinos due to one of my larger cichla beating them to death after bringing down the border. I thought if i moved my kelberi (my largest pbass) there wouldnt be any problems but i guess i was wrong. i ended up having to leave the house for errands and asked my family to oversee the tank but when i got home i found 2 pbass dead and sucked into the filter and my last one with scratches on top and immediately put him in my hospital tank. may my 2 orinos rest in peace :(

Aro_addict

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2011
Hawaii
my supplier is wiped clean. pbass is really popular in hawaii so whenever any store get them they are gone within days :(

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
do you ever listen....all your threads end up like this. Maybe you should listen and quit asking ?'s and just do as your told. how old are you....5?

Aro_addict

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2011
Hawaii
do you ever listen....all your threads end up like this. Maybe you should listen and quit asking ?'s and just do as your told. how old are you....5?
i did listen and not all my threads end up like this. im sorry cichla isnt my whole life like you, you dont even know me, i got a lot more other s***t to do like raising kids and preparing for a vacation which is why i did it in the first place so when the person who has less of a clue then i do has to take care of them when i leave it wont be more of a problem

This is an awesome guy out there by you he shipped me in a pair of azul 18 inches he might have some stuff give him a shout he is really fast with reply's
http://www.aquaticimportshawaii.com/
lol i know him and go to him often, i get first pick when he gets stuff in sometimes.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
:ROFL:

its also just common sense to never put any small fish with bigger fish esp aggressive fish..

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
heres a twist to this story. my orinos which are roughly 4" i added them last week to my tank with bahia kelb which is roughly 8" and no problems at all. they been swimming and all eating now for a week with no problems. mind you my kelb bullied 2 other bass (which were equal in size) when i got a month ago when i had it in a 75gal for a few days till i got my big tank all straight. so i think it also has to do with how big of a tank you are putting them in. if it is big enough with enough decor then the lil guys should know how to hide and get away like in the wild. just my opinion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store