feeding new pBass

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
The 4 pBass that I bought recently (2.5" size) will eat only frozen bloodworms. Once the cube hits the water they attack it and finish it off. I want to get them started on fish fillets and prawns, but they won't take it. It will just lie on the tank bottom.
(Bloodworms are expensive for me and fish fillets/prawns etc are much cheaper with a big variety)

Questions is should I start starving them now itself to get the trained on fillets/prawns or should I wait a couple more weeks feeding them their favorite bloodworms before trying anything else. It is just 3 days since I've bought them so I'm not very sure whether putting them on a starving cycle is a good idea.

By the way when I bought them from LFS, two of them had platies like fish in their mouth (that was too big for them to swallow). They spat them out when we were chasing them with the net.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Hikari Carnivore-Stick work the best..............Good luck and shoot out some pix

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
They are a hassle trying to get to eat this and that. I just always feed them live, but I understand that is practical.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store