Lightning schedule for breeding Peacock Bass

Bassrutten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Australia, Perth
I am looking for suggestions on a lightning schedule to use while attempting to breed Peacock Bass. The tank is on the opposite wall to where the window is, so while the room gets light during the day it's not direct sunlight.

What worked for you?

Cheers

Bassrutten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Australia, Perth
Lighting schedules in general that have produced nice results for your fish are welcome too! I am just a bit confused as to what schedule to follow, as I work nights and am awake till 4am.

Thanks

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
You should be fine. What hours do you leave the lights o for them? And how long? I worked nights about 13 years ago for about 5 years.

Bassrutten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Australia, Perth
I've been leaving them on from around 5pm > 1-2am. I go to sleep at like 4am, so turning the lights off at 2am is still me missing out on viewing time!. I've been trying to keep the lights on for only around 8 hours max, purely because I read a post where people were discussing lower amounts of light resulting in better colour.

Bassrutten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Australia, Perth
i dont know if this will help you or if it is even right but i have all my fish on a 12 hour on 12 hour off
It helps, I've been trying to stick to 8-10 myself. During the day I just open the blinds and mostly use normal sunlight. Then before I go to work (5:30pm) I put the lights on. Then as I mentioned I usually turn them off around 2am > go to sleep at 4.

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
You should be alright with your scedule. I really dont have a set time for my lights at all. Sometimes I don't turn them on at all. My Mono's breed every 2 weeks like clock work so I say give it some more time and they will do there thing for you im sure. I don't think we really have any control of a breeding pair once bonded. At least that has been my experience. I am sure my two have laid a spawn in the dark on more then one occasion. I am pretty sure as well that they prefer the dark.

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
You should be alright with your scedule. I really dont have a set time for my lights at all. Sometimes I don't turn them on at all. My Mono's breed every 2 weeks like clock work so I say give it some more time and they will do there thing for you im sure. I don't think we really have any control of a breeding pair once bonded. At least that has been my experience. I am sure my two have laid a spawn in the dark on more then one occasion. I am pretty sure as well that they prefer the dark.
Hi, Few questions on your breeding pair.
1. What is the tank size?
2. Do you have any other tank mates with them?
3. When do you separate the fry?
4. How many fry do you get at one time?

Thanks in advance.

joshs801

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2010
utah
Hi, Few questions on your breeding pair.
1. What is the tank size?
2. Do you have any other tank mates with them?
3. When do you separate the fry?
4. How many fry do you get at one time?

Thanks in advance.

Lol is this an investment opportunity for ya?

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
Lol is this an investment opportunity for ya?
Ha, ha. Not really. The major demand in Sri Lanka is for Asian Aro I think. Most of the people here wouldn't know what pBass is. I just wanted to get some firsthand info from a guy who has done pBass breeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store