My 2 new male monocs

yogiso02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2011
philippines
Was able to get the 2 male cichla monoculus the other day. they are now in my tank with my old female monoc. i would just like to share them with ya'll. as promised here are some pictures.:D

Bassrutten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Australia, Perth
Nice one mate, looks great! The big boy is super nice and thick. Feed him something for me and good luck!.

edit: liking those pictures.. happy gang in the first pic

yogiso02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2011
philippines
thanks bassrutten =) will do bud. the thing that really got me wanting these guys are that they eat pellets :D well besides them being really nice fish.

Bassrutten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Australia, Perth
I got lucky with mine, switched from live feeders to pellets very easily. They absolutely love the Hikari Jumbo Carnisticks, and looking nice for it too I think.

yogiso02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2011
philippines
I got lucky with mine, switched from live feeders to pellets very easily. They absolutely love the Hikari Jumbo Carnisticks, and looking nice for it too I think.
nice nice! my female absolutely refuses non live food. not even fish fillet for her.... =( tried to convert her off live food and she got so thin that i panicked and decided to just spoil her for life lol! LIVE food for her. i just hope these two biggies dont pick up the same attitude with live stuff..... oh yeah those hikari carnivore and massivores are really good but they are just so damn expensive.....

yogiso02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2011
philippines
thanks josh! yeah i read this article.. this worked for all my other cichla's including my tems, orinos and ocels but not for the mono... dont know why

dtgshark

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2005
here
Very nice looking Monos yogi! those two males should even color up when they settle down and get used to their new home. Nice pick ups!

yogiso02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2011
philippines
Very nice looking Monos yogi! those two males should even color up when they settle down and get used to their new home. Nice pick ups!
thanks dtg =) yeah they are really really stressed coz of the move.. hope they get used to their new environment and show their real colors =) i was very lucky to get them coz they were already very well kept and had nice colors. will keep you guys posted on the developments.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store