Aggression of baby Cichla

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
When does the pBass start becoming territorial or show aggression to other tank mates?
Mine are currently at 2.5" (4 of them) and I would like to add my silver Aro (only 6" in size) to the 65 gallon tank.

The Silver Aro is in a 15 g tank with 2 X Black Ghost Knifes (3" in size) and the Aro is super cool towards them. It is the Cichlas' behavior that I'm not aware of, at this stage. I would like to add the Aro in a couple of weeks time and the next upgrade would be to something around 220g.

I've seen several tanks with Aro+pBass on this forums but they are all adult specimens.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
There little Pit-Bulls when they want to be, at any size.............

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
It is not particular size.

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
If you have a few they will act like a pack of wolves but you should be fine putting a 6" aro wiht 2" p bass
That is what I've seen so far. Those 4 move around together and they have that look which says they can't be trusted, even at this age. I'll be moving the tank to my home-office in couple of weeks time and I'm going to put Aro at that time so I'll know right away if something goes wrong.:)

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
the arow outsizes them by alot lol....id be more worried about the pbass being eaten but it does depend on how aggressive ur bass are. i had an orino which was vicious to other fish. and only other pbass could hold their own against it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store