stocking suggestions?

predatorpassion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
I know there are a lot of stocking threads.. but this is the most mind puzzleing thing about this hobby "what to put in the tank?" well I have a 220 gallon currrently, the aim of the tank is a "monster community" a lot of monster fish but no bloodshed. I love payaras,arowanas,knifefish, I've had all these fish before except the payara, the one thing i'm wondering on that is, is this tank big enough? if so for what subspecies? any suggestions on different oddball monsters are welcome. I kind of like the exibit tank with fish from a certain area of the world but I can make exceptions =) idk about you but fish with big teeth always intrigue me. Also i really like an active tank, I love catfish and other bottom dwellers like my old red tail, awesome fish but you couldn't really sit there and watch him. unless he was eating so any feedback is welcome

thanks

marscortes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2006
Fiji
why dont u stock it with barramundi lates, like 5 of them lol. Or maybe some pbass. motos. or 20 Caribe's, that would be site at 7 inches.

predatorpassion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
I would love any of those fish, problem is (oklahoma sucks on this) but p-bass and pirahna are illegal, but so are arowana, buuutttt i still had them. thanks for the reply

marscortes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2006
Fiji
Get like 60 or so Exosquads. i believe that are legal there. 50 or 60 of them would just be as nasty as p's. get online for like 2 bucks a pop. but u have to get like 100 bucks worth.EXODONs

roybryan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2006
georgia
I know my 220 will be overcrowded when the fish mature but her eis what i have in mine 2 payara, 1 red tail barracuda, 1 pseudo. niger, 1 leaf fish, 2 common wolves, 1 arrowana, 1 hujeta barracuda, 2 pike chiclids, and some common cichlids acaras,festaes,and green terrors as well as a couple common pictus and plecos. I want to grow a tsn and rtc also in there. but if you want some good monsters i go to tfdfish.com Joe always treats me good and he has som great fish at great prices.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
people are seem to be pretty lucky to have a tank and not know what to do with it. i have to buy tanks because i already have a long list of fish in mind lol. get a large sp. pleco ;)

predatorpassion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
cool. thanks for all the replys.. i am definately getting an arowana (they're my favorite fish, so they're a priority =) ).. I am really wanting a school of payara, and possibly a clown or royal knife. but i'm wondering If Im gonna keep it a south american tank or not

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store