Lost my Azul today, popeye?

Decker504

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2010
New Orleans/Old Metry
I had been traeting all week w/ Artemiss and as of yesterday, azul's eye looked almost completely healed. I did same treatment in another tank for my lentriculata w/ a cloudy eye and it's fine. Wope up today to the azul's eyes popping out of his head almost. he has been eating ike a champ, in fact I was admiring how fat and pretty he was yesterday. I did a 40% waterchange, very slowly and added maracyn which I was told to do, went to the Aquarium came home for lunch and my Azul is lost, SAD DAY!

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
sorry to hear about it. sometimes it just happens despite all your efforts :\

gacericardo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2009
All about the U
IF it's not prime or aquarium salt it's not going in my tank. Bass are not good with meds. I've learned the hard way. No chemicals with the bass. Sorry about the azul

joshs801

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2010
utah
IF it's not prime or aquarium salt it's not going in my tank. Bass are not good with meds. I've learned the hard way. No chemicals with the bass. Sorry about the azul

I have coppersafe in with my pbass right now and they are doing great coppersafe is great stuff will even work with rays

And like the guyana in your avatar :)

Sorry for your loss deker

Decker504

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2010
New Orleans/Old Metry
It is what it is Still miffed when its eye got cloudy, I used artemiss instead of going the chemical routh figuring the all natural meds would be less harmful to azul He was eating pretreated guppies and grass shrimp from the ONE and only LFS I get feeders from. Actually spent quite some time just watching him hunt and feed the day before and eye was almost 100% cleared up woke up the next day and both were bulging. This is why I am only going to get one xingu 3 at a time, good news is they are captive breed and all my other cichla are thriving and smaller ones are starting to get their spangles I just know how hard a fish and azul is to get much less replace.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store