Possible tankmates for PBass

Wattoshop

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2011
Midwest
I did some homework before posting so please dont think im just flinging this out there....however, do you guys have any recommendations on possible peacock bass tankmates (besides other peacocks of course)??? Unfortunately my local fish store recommends I just experiment with other cichlids...:WHOA:....that could be headaches in my opinion...

I am starting a tank and I would like to consider plenty of options before i start so that i can grow them up together and care for them properly. THANKS!

weirdfishlover

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 2, 2010
< The Red Dot >
Pike cichlids definitely adds colorto your aquarium however, be mindful of their aggressiveness. Perhaps you can choose the kind of fishes that live together in their biotope. It would be an easier option of choice.

For myself, I choose Aros and Catfishes.

Perhapsu can let us know what are your favorites ?

Cheers :D

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
i gone threw alot of fish and just to see what goes together..right now i have 3 orinos 4 monos 2 clown loaches and 2 geos and 1 albino oscar..all get along..just got to see what works in your tank..

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
I am having 4 pBass (still about 3" in size). I'm planning to have 1 Silver Aro, 1 FlagTail Prochilodus and may be 2 Oscars as their tank mates.

DammitKhoa

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2011
MD
i gone threw alot of fish and just to see what goes together..right now i have 3 orinos 4 monos 2 clown loaches and 2 geos and 1 albino oscar..all get along..just got to see what works in your tank..
i hate it, but yes this is the truth lol i'd be scared to count how much money i've lost :(

if you've done your hw, that's a pretty good start. you know what you can try and whats definitely a no go. there's other factors to keep in mind while you buy your fish though. i.e. size of each, can it be both grown as juveniles together (grow up with less aggression), personality of each fish, etc. good luck!

Wattoshop

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2011
Midwest
@weirdfishlover...Have you tried the PBass with a Pike Cichlid??? I really like both but I was nervous to try together. Just wondering if it had been successfully done.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I keep more pbass, aros, bichirs and catfish. You just gotta make sure they have similar growth rates.

Rays also work and look really good w/ bass I just havent done that yet :)

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
They can be funny, in some cases they may not get along with themselves...............Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store