who feeds chicken??

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
Does anybody in the forum feed Chicken for their pBass?

I do feed chicken sometimes and they seem to love it. (My pBass are around 2.5"-3" in size). They get prawns, fish fillets (at least 5 varieties) in addition to chicken. Is this enough variety in the long term?

Has anybody had any adverse effects from feeding chicken?

rup_pilot

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Chicken once in a while wouldn't hurt but that is not something they typically eat in the wild. Also fish fillets wouldn't be the best food. Fish naturally eat whole foods not just muscle. Feeding your fish strips of tuna, salmon, tilapia... isn't the best way as it won't give them the proper ratio of essential fats, vitamins, and fiber. I would stick with silversides, whole prawns, and various pellets (shrimp, carnivore).

cpm6t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2011
Sri Lanka
Chicken once in a while wouldn't hurt but that is not something they typically eat in the wild. Also fish fillets wouldn't be the best food. Fish naturally eat whole foods not just muscle. Feeding your fish strips of tuna, salmon, tilapia... isn't the best way as it won't give them the proper ratio of essential fats, vitamins, and fiber. I would stick with silversides, whole prawns, and various pellets (shrimp, carnivore).
Okay. I got your point regarding feeding the whole fish. They are bit too small to eat the silversides I find in the market, but very soon they'll be big enough for that. Can do prawns also. Thanks for the advice.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Chicken, pellets cost enough money, i ain't givin up my chicken.....:)

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
chicken seems too greasy or fatty.....and i dont need that salminila around my tank. I feed tilapia and pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store