Plywood Tank

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
Hello all, I just decided today that I am going to build a plywood tank. I started looking around online (kijiji) for sheets of acrylic/glass sheets so I could build the tank to fit whatever I can find for acrylic/glass. Is there any reason I wouldn't want to use tempered glass instead of regular plate glass? I found a great deal on 72"x30" tempered glass sheets, is there any reason I couldn't make use of these pieces in a DIY plywood tank?

Zari

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2011
Aurora,Colorado
Tempered glass is a no go in fish tanks. Its stronger than normal glass but it can't be drilled and if something happens it shatters into fragments. Regular plate glass will crack and then leak through the seam and such allowing for time to get the situation under control and set up temporary homes for fish and such and try to keep as much water off the floor as possible and so on.

celinaaniston86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2011
USA
When it comes to tank sizes, larger is better! My fish were outgrowing my 33 gallon and I required a larger tank. The local fish shops desired too much for their fish tanks. I had study about plywood tanks before and I do enjoy DIY tasks. The remedy was to develop my own tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store