TANK LIGHTING QUESTION

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
I leave my Daylight lighting on for about 8 hours a day, so how long should i leave my Lunar Lighting on for.

Thanks in advance.

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
It's really up to you. I leave my lights on a timer and have both the lunar and daylight on from 12-12. It can be a pain with algae some times but that's what magnet scrapers are for.

I don't think a lunar cycle is as important for fish as it is for corals, plus there is only one switch on my lights so I would have to manually switch them

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
It's really up to you. I leave my lights on a timer and have both the lunar and daylight on from 12-12. It can be a pain with algae some times but that's what magnet scrapers are for.

I don't think a lunar cycle is as important for fish as it is for corals, plus there is only one switch on my lights so I would have to manually switch them
Thanks

cpr_mike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Columbus
I wouldnt worry about the lunar light. I dont know if you have your tank near a window, but you can just open the blinds and it will give more than enough moon light. I have gotten to the point where my lights are not on unless I am looking at my fish because I get so much light from the windows.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store