Peacock Bass Pellet Food

cpr_mike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Columbus
I wanted to start a thread to discuss all of the experiences with the different types of foods for the Cichla that we have used.

Some things to think about including in your post:
Size
First reaction the fish have to it
If your fish is already eating pellets or not
$$$$$
Hardness
Protein %
Where you can get it.
Color that you get out of your fish

Reactions: Tony A.

cpr_mike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Columbus
I will start of by saying that I use primarily Hikari and I am considering changing to something else just due to the price of the massivore.

Massivore:
Perfect size for your bigger bass. Anything above 5 inches will go nuts for it. My fish have grown the humps since I started using it. If people dont know, it is a sinking pellet. It is nice because the shape of the pellet makes the pellet flop down instead of just dropping down like a rock. My issues with it are very simple. They eat a lot, their waste is massive, and it is very expensive.

I believe the protein percent is about the 40%. I will fix the post later when I find out.

cpr_mike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Columbus
Bio Gold+:
Very small. I buy the medium size pellet and it is just too small for my bass. I have never seen the large size offered. The pellet is very hard in my opinion as well. The plus that I like is it is somewhat cheap, and my bass had good color as well as grew at a good rate. I go through bags very fast because my bass need a lot of it to fill them up. A negative is that I have not a floating pellet fan because The bass do not always see every pellet and it ends up in my sump. My large bass lose interest in the pellet over time and I feel that it is that way because the pellet is so small.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Omega One. Accept no substitutes. It's made with whole salmon, not fish meal.

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
Hikari sticks and aqua treasure mysis shrimp. Just ordered some extreme fish food should be here today. My orino also loves brine shrimp with spurliana

cpr_mike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Columbus
Hikari sticks and aqua treasure mysis shrimp. Just ordered some extreme fish food should be here today. My orino also loves brine shrimp with spurliana
Let me know how that extreme food goes over? I would really like to see how the hardness is as well as the smell of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store