Busted heater

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
So for about a week and a half I've been feeling this shock everytime I left the lid for feeding. I thought the light on top was the problem so I was going to redo them next week...haha. I'm kinda lazy.
While cleaning the algae on the xingu tank I saw a zig zag line on the tube of the heater. It was still working. Unplugged it right away and no more shock. Pulled it out and confirmed it was cracked. Water fill inside.
So since I don't run sumps do I get another glass heater or hook up the in-line heater I have. Problem is it's 2000W. Maybe I can trade it for a smaller in-line.
What to do?

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Hook up the inline!!! Or buy another glass and give it to a Real Monster fishKeeper Of coarse i Mean myself Ken:naughty::ROFL::ROFL:;)

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Real Monster Fish Keeper + 2000W = :rip

Hugh you're crazy enough to do it. Talk to me. It's a titanium one.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Real Monster Fish Keeper + 2000W = :rip

Hugh you're crazy enough to do it. Talk to me. It's a titanium one.
I'll call ya tommorow Ken....

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Hook up the inline heater. I have a 300w hydor inline hooked up to eheim. I love it and it's more efficient than glass heater in the tank. You will thank yourself running inline. It's very accurate compared to glass heater.

May I ask what brand heater glass heater are you using? I used to have the same problem with marine land stealth. I would only feel the zap whenever I have a small cut. I am glad they recalled them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store