background for color

jimboperu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2007
Lima, Peru
it may be a tupid question, but i was wondering what color i should paint my background to really make my pbass colors pop. theyre babies now but appear to be monos. any thoughts? appreciate it

cpr_mike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Columbus
If you dont have a background yet, it will help to get their colors to pop. I personally like the black or blue background for cichla. Just dont do the black background with the black gravel/sand unless you plan on having other fish than the bass. IMO it washes their color out.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I like the 3d backgrounds. Pricey for sure. But if you have a tank w/ an extra wide footprint they look great. Black backround and sometimes blue looks good.

peacock madness

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
do what i just did.. less then 20$ got my 125 & my lil brothers 220 done.. go pick out a black piece of fabric and use double sided sticky Velcro to adhere it to the back.. i set my 125 up before thinkin it through about painting it, and have wanted to paint it but didnt wanna break it back down to do it. this fabric method not only worked but if i get bored i can always change it..and for under 20$ its not bad on your wallet either.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
do what i just did.. less then 20$ got my 125 & my lil brothers 220 done.. go pick out a black piece of fabric and use double sided sticky Velcro to adhere it to the back.. i set my 125 up before thinkin it through about painting it, and have wanted to paint it but didnt wanna break it back down to do it. this fabric method not only worked but if i get bored i can always change it..and for under 20$ its not bad on your wallet either.
Yea I had some thick black plastic I used on my tanks. I think its less of a hassle than painting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store