my plywood 600 gallon build!

okiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
enid, ok
first time i have attempted something like this but i am sure it will hold up. its outside dimensions are 8'x4'x4'. inside its 87"x39" and will be filled 40" high making it 587 gallons. plus little more by the time i build the sump and add its size. it has a 2'x3' viewing window in front and an 8" high 12" wide step on the front and alond both sides to be able to easier vew from the top. its r-30 insulated in the walls and floors to help keep water temps more consistent and deaden noise, or at least thats the thought behind the idea.lol im gonna go with using a pond liner for water tightness to reduce cost and just because i want to. lol. im going around the top with 1"x8" boards to make it cleaner looking and under the overhanging lip inside im going with the lighting to give it a nice clean look so i dont have to hang lights above the tank. will have a removable sheet of plexiglass cut to lay on top to also help keep heat in in winter and dirt out. thanks to mfk member ideas i am also putting in the drip water changing system to do constant automatic water changes. not sure what im stocking it with yet for sure. looking at going with 3 rays, some clown loaches, black ghost knife, and some bala sharks maybe?? i dunno yet, got time to plan that out still. anyways, here are some pics to see how its coming along. 027.JPG020.JPG019.JPG029.JPG032.JPG033.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

027.JPG

029.JPG

032.JPG

033.JPG

okiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
enid, ok
started new years eve. got this far by monday evening. total hours so far are around 16 hours i think.

okiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
enid, ok
thanks. well, they will be viewable from the top also was part of the reason for the small window. the other was to keep costs down, im happy with it but do wish i woulda went a little bigger. but its the first tank i have built, so, live and learn from experience. lol. this weekend i am planning on being able to put in the liner and paint the outside and finish the corners up with trim pieces. so should have more pics and progress updates saturday and/or sunday evening. then the week after having the money to order the glass. really hoping and trying to have water in it and up and running by end of this month.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store