Got my XINGUS yesterday..hip hip hooray!

Decker504

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2010
New Orleans/Old Metry
Cichla melanaie in the house. They are so tiny but they are voracious little savages. I set up a 20 long under one of my 75s to grow them out by themselves w/ just some corys. Originally I was going to raise them w/ my 2 little monos, but monos are too big and would inhale them quicky. I was worried because they were so small but I acclimated them a lil extra and left the light off for a few hours while I finished my weekly water changes. I turned on the light and they ravages bloodworms, frozen brine with and without spirulina. I even saw one of the Xingus take Spectrum Growth Flake. I'm hoping a varied diet will keep them growing ni,,ce and healthy. Took some pics w my new canon elph, which is proving itself to be kickass for fishroom photos, and I will post them soon.

Current Cichla stock: 1 11in Rio Meta Orino, 1 7.5 Fat Ass Kelberi starting to show several spots

Decker504

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2010
New Orleans/Old Metry
oh I will, one of my local lfs' got feeder guppies in today and he even pretreats them for me for parasites, fungus and bacteria. Im gonna vary their diet and keep their water super clean. Thinking about rasing them with my baby Geo sp Red Tapajos that my buddy Mikey bred, but I might wait a week to add them.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
get em on frozen blood worms/brine....then start crushing pellets in to the mix gradually. Eventually they'll be eatin pellets. No need for live food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store