Getting backin.... Couple Kelberi questions

Nexxus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
Niceville, FL
Hey guys I just have a few questions I some of you don't mind chimin in for a little advice. I'm going to be purchasing some cichla from rapps and was wondering if you guys would be able to tell me the difference in a rip doce kelberi and a rio piracicaba kelberi. Maybe point me in a direction so I can make a pick of which I will purchase? I appreciate it guys and it's good to be getting back into the cichla game after a couple year break

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good to see an old name back in the realm of cichla.The way I understand it is one of those types has neve been brought in before so I'm not sure how it will differ from the other.Maybe someone can chime in with some photos of adults to compare.

Nexxus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
Niceville, FL
Hey krich long time no talk. I believe your right about the one not being collected before and I may go with that so just because it's never been collected but what I'm mostly looking for is spangles so the so that tends to have the most spangles is probably what I'd get because I don't really need a 250$ mono look alike ;) otherwise I'll end up picking up another Azul instead of the kelbs

But if someone could post some pictures or experiences I would greatly appreciate it!

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Hey guys I just have a few questions I some of you don't mind chimin in for a little advice. I'm going to be purchasing some cichla from rapps and was wondering if you guys would be able to tell me the difference in a rip doce kelberi and a rio piracicaba kelberi. Maybe point me in a direction so I can make a pick of which I will purchase? I appreciate it guys and it's good to be getting back into the cichla game after a couple year break
I been lookin at these guys believe me but right now have more then enough Cichla for my pockets LOL!!! this is just me But i Really like the head shape of the Piraciaba collection point look Like Ceara's to me for some reason that is what i would get if it were me:D

busterbrown

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2009
south lake tahoe
I too am wondering the same......i hope there are a few left when i have the cash. Maybe Mr. Rapps can chime in. I think he has imported from one of the locales previously and the other is a first time locale import.--gangster

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store