Baby Peacock basss ocellaris

redfestae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2011
NC
Hey guys, i just got like 4 of the Pbass and there about a little over 1in i think the biggest one is like 1 1/3in long i want to feed them feeder fish (guppies) but they might get sick cuz some feeders are not save for fish ( the ones that you get from the store). And adult brine shrimp is hard to get around here. They wont eat anything i put in there, Does anyone know what i could do because if not im just going to start feeding them feeder fish (guppies) and hope that they dont get sick and die. Oh yea i also is breeding some guppies at the time for them so i know that when they eat them they wont get sick but it just not my luck because the guppies are not breeding at the time and ill have to wait about 2 to 3 weeks before i even get some guppies fry from the guppies i am breeding. :cry:

redfestae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2011
NC
And when i said they wont eat anything i put in there i mean i tryed frozen bloodworm and frozen shrimp. They wont eat them.

troutking

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2008
try california blackworms. i still havent seen a pbass that will not take them

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Hikari Carnivore Sticks, the small ones not the Jumbo.......Good luck

MonsterPeacock

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Colorado
If you want to do feeders, forget guppies bro (take way to long) I breed black convicts, they breed like rabbits and the fry grow super quick. I have most to all my juvenile PB on pellets and cut baits but I still feed them convict fry in efforts to power feed and maximize growth. Another thing you should know is black convicts start breeding super young (around 2") and are easy to pair up, just add a 2+" male to a 2+" female and you'll have hundreds of eggs in about a week or two.

redfestae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2011
NC
man my peacock bass came down with ick and i am trying to treat them...i hope they will not die...the only good sign is that they are active and moving i guess...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store