Looking for an ID on this PBass

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
Well in my other thread it was ID'd as a Orino, now in my opinion it doesnt look like a typical Orino going from what I have seen in the Chicla ID thread. Here are a few pictures to compare with.

First, my little guy at 8"s:

a regular Cichla Orinocensis, which I doubt because my guy is neon green:

A Cichla intermedia "Orinoco":

And this is the only one I have seen with blue in its fins, a Cichla intermedia "Ventuari":

So what are your thoughts, would prefer the scientific ID as there seems to be a variety of Orino?

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Are you really that igonrant...your getting resposnses in one thread saying its an orino....u posting pics of it again w/ photos of other species..intermedia....isnt going to change its sub species. If your that dumb just dont post it and call it what you want....and then get clowned by educated cichla keepers.

Its an orino...a nice one...deal with it and quit wasting space and time!

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I hate to burst your bubble but your cichla is not an intermedia. We're all looking for one, so we can all keep trying. Good try though.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
Are you really that igonrant...your getting resposnses in one thread saying its an orino....u posting pics of it again w/ photos of other species..intermedia....isnt going to change its sub species. If your that dumb just dont post it and call it what you want....and then get clowned by educated cichla keepers.

Its an orino...a nice one...deal with it and quit wasting space and time!
No need to be all gangster about it, I just didnt think there would be such a colour variance in a sub-species...

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
Not every fish is going to look the exact same.
Well in one of the posts, someone had 6 or more and it looked like they were run through a photo copier, lol. I wonder if it was captive bred, because it was eating pellets its first night; this is my third time trying peacock bass and my first time getting one to eat pellets.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
When they're small they look alike but as they grow they start to show some differences. Orinos from the various locations look different as well. HCR started a thread to show if the look of the cichla differs by the way we raise them. I belive it does but we'll see.
PS...I hate that picture of the intermedia next to the guy's junk. Takes away from the fish. haha

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
When they're small they look alike but as they grow they start to show some differences. Orinos from the various locations look different as well. HCR started a thread to show if the look of the cichla differs by the way we raise them. I belive it does but we'll see.
PS...I hate that picture of the intermedia next to the guy's junk. Takes away from the fish. haha
lol, I noticed that too... it just had to be speedo.

See, all you guys had to do was post this video:
[YT]7f1L2pCKko8[/YT]

I have only seen the dull Orinos before, I do remember a while go now that they used have these guys on www.liveaquaria.com.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
lol, I noticed that too... it just had to be speedo.

See, all you guys had to do was post this video:
[YT]7f1L2pCKko8[/YT]

I have only seen the dull Orinos before, I do remember a while go now that they used have these guys on www.liveaquaria.com.
Those are some HOT LOOKING Orinos, but i can't believe there getting along so well in that video:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store