Need Help!! Bought Wild Caught Orino peacocks need Diet suggestions

Freshwaterpredator22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2011
Backwoods
Hey guys and gals i just picked up 5 Wild Caught Orino Peacocks they are about 1.5 inches long. I know they eat blood worms frozen or live, but i want to give them other things also. I tried flakes but they spit them out. They are in my 60 gallon tank currently until they get some size for them to move to my 240 gallon. Any suggestions on what i can feed them to get them big fast, i know frequent water changes help. Not the best pictures took it with my iPhone. Thanks in advance.

photo (2).JPG

orino peacock.JPG

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Bloodworms mixed with pellets, until you get them on pellets. I feed mine a combination of pellets in the morning, and tilapia or shrimp in the evening.

Freshwaterpredator22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2011
Backwoods
Bloodworms mixed with pellets, until you get them on pellets. I feed mine a combination of pellets in the morning, and tilapia or shrimp in the evening.
I have to go buy small pellets then i have Hikari carnivore sticks maybe if i break them into small pieces that can also work?

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Yup once they are on pellets, they will grow quick. Other good things would be small small pieces of cut shrimp and fish

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Keep that water 86+, there sensitive at that size........Nice pickups.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Keep that water 86+, there sensitive at that size........Nice pickups.
x2 water at 86-89.

Try crushing up the hikari sticks into the bloodworms...let em soak and feed a little at a time. Just keep uppng the dosage of pellets until they are used to them. Eventually they'll be eating straight pellets. Stay away from live foods.

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
Blood worms and then broken up hikari food sticks is exactly how I raised my little guys. It helps if you throw the broken up food sticks at the surface one at a time they will often strike out of reflex and decide the pellets aren't that bad.

Freshwaterpredator22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2011
Backwoods
x2 water at 86-89.

Try crushing up the hikari sticks into the bloodworms...let em soak and feed a little at a time. Just keep uppng the dosage of pellets until they are used to them. Eventually they'll be eating straight pellets. Stay away from live foods.

i will try that. i will break the sticks and soak it in the blood worms and throw a little at time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store