Approximate cost of a 150g.

Meus

Feeder Fish
Aug 1, 2011
Asheville, NC.
Hello all, I am wanting to know what is the best option for a cheap 150g. aquarium. I want the dimensions to be 5'x2'x2'. But, I am unsure of what to build it out of. I'll only need one viewing panel as I plan to have three walls covered by a rock/foam wall. I have calculated that I'd need about $800 to build this out of glass, but to cover up 3 panels seems like a waste. I was thinking liquid rubber, as color would not matter and I like that it seems to be very reliable and easy to apply. So, any suggestions on what brands to use? About how much it will cost? Also, if I use liquid rubber, how do I get the glass to stay in place and not leak?

Also, can I get a link to a good diy skimmer guide?

Thank you very much.

~Nathaniel

I'ma going to post my stocking plans just because i can :D :
-Fish
1-Radiata lionfish
1-Fu Manchu lionfish
2-Fuzzy Dwarf lionfish
2-Comet grouper
2-Black ribbon eel
1-Blue ribbon eel
?-Chromis/Damsels

-Coral
?-Bubble coral

Grant427

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Hey, building a plywood tank is only usually cost effective at a larger size, you can probably buy a 150 gallon aquarium for 2-300$, although if your looking for specific dimensions I'm not sure what your best route would be. As for the liquid rubber, I personally wouldn't put salt water in a tank waterproofed with liquid rubber as I'm not sure what the effects of the salt on the LR would be over time. Maybe some people have done it on here, but I haven't read anything on it. If I was you I'd just buy a tank, but it depends on how much the dimensions are worth to you! Hope all works out!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store