Bass update 1/16/12

R32flow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Richmond, VA
Hey guys I was so excited, I finally got my bass off feeders and onto market shrimp and tilapia. So I figured Ide post an update. The bigger guy is about 7-8" other one is prolly 6". This is also my first try at actually taking good pictures of my fish, so if anyone has any pointers let me know. Hope you like them.

Rob

Man photobucket really ruined the quality of the pics. Sorry guys.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
The bass look great! Good job gettn em off live. Now their growth and colors will explode. Have you tried stuffing pellets in the market shrimp and tilapia?

R32flow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Richmond, VA
The bass look great! Good job gettn em off live. Now their growth and colors will explode. Have you tried stuffing pellets in the market shrimp and tilapia?
Yep Ive tried it. Today was my first successful day of getting every fish to eat a half of pellet without them knowing lol. My RTCxTSN is my hero here, if it wasnt for him they would never even look at the dead food.

Quick question for you guys... Have any of you used Spectrum pellets before? My LFS sold me on them, and like an idiot I bought a **** ton. But havent been using them since Ive seen better response from Massivore. From the guy at the LFS "Spectrum is like a filet mignon where Hikari is like steak-ums".

Thanks for the compliments guys, will take more pics if I notice the colors popping more than usual.

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
The bass looks good. But I still believe they do a lot better on live food. My friend Tommy only fed his live and they ended up being the biggest bass I have ever seen in a home aquarium which was only 125 gallons and they reached that size in a 3-4 year span.

R32flow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Richmond, VA
Ehhh I dont want to take a chance. A friend of mine just lost one of his alligator gar that he blames on feeders. Not sure if thats the whole story but rather be safe than sorry. For one its just a PITA to get feeders every other day. Then I have to have a seperate 10g running just for them so they dont die the first day.

Im pretty sure getting them onto pellets would be the most nutrition they could get. Im really looking foward to that day, even though the pellets cost more than the shrimp or tilapia.

R32flow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Richmond, VA
So my bass are getting really smart. They will hold the shrimp in their mouths and spit out every pellet. They wont eat a piece that has pellets smashed into it. Im using NLS 3mm pellets so they fit easy in the shrimp but they find them quick. Any sugestions? What type of pellets do your bass like? Also is NLS a better food than Massivore? Thanks guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store