My wife says you all are a bad influance... hahaha :)

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
After reading this "DIY" forum, i now know that anything is possible... knowing that, let me say that my wife has been wanting me to build a headboard for her for awhile now.

So... who can guess what i started drafting up in autocad lastnight? :naughty:

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
oh oh oh, i know.....is it a tank in a headboard??? :headbang2

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Your wife is right... :nilly:

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
Right in one guess! that's amazing :) it'll only be about 80 gallons... i'll try and post my initial sketch of it after work, but right now i gotta get ready for the day and start my 45 min. commute walking into work ;)

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
Hey what can i say, great minds think alike lol, thats an awesome idea.

Crispy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Ontario Canada
great idea! your wife will be thrilled! gonna suck dragging buckets around the bedroom though...

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
Definately worth it though lol

Go Big or Go home

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2012
NY
how would it work would the bed be attached to the wall with tank in the wall so its flush?

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
nah... i use one of those aquarium vacuums that hook up to the kitchen sink and has a 50' hose (it's what i already use for the 60gal in the front room)

ok... first off we must consider that my wife wants an angled headboard that she can sit in bed leaning on to read (i'll make her a cushion to put up when she does this) so the face of the tank must be on an angle... and it will be thick enough that the dressers on each side of the bed will come out the same amount as the base of the tank stand...

Untitled-2.jpg

I really hope she'll let me do this, but if not maybe some one else out there may hopefully be able to run with this idea and have the coolest headboard in the whole freakin world! haha :headbang2

Untitled-2.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store