iICH .....help

Joey47

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2007
CR-Son 310
picked up some baby orinos and the ich will not go away.

i am doing salt treatments along with temps at 88 and eod wc and it does not help.

i am thinking of going to the chemicals to help

any other suggestions?

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Yeah, Id give it a little longer before turning to meds, Make sure 02 exchange is strong......lotsa surface agitation. Maybe drop the level of your tank a bit to help. I had one particularly strong case of it once and took my temp up to 90 for a few days and it finally went away.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
well, if you've lost some then maybe it is time for some meds. Quick cures or anything with malachite/victoria green usually works, but it's pretty heavy duty stuff. If you do use any product with either of these 2 ingredients be sure to keep the tanks light off and the room the tank is in a dark as possible for the duration of the treatment.

best of luck

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
is there substrate in the tank? If its a bare bottom tank its much easier to get rid of.

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
I would use a treatment. I picked up my bahia at 1 inch over the summer and it had ich according to wes fugu he said bump the temp add salt and use ich treatment i followed his instruction and now my guy is strong and healthy. I think you should use maybe a half dose of the med those that is what i did and when i tell you my bahia had ich bad i thought it was def a not going to live.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store