i want opinions on my orionos

wheatgerm

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
utah
i know its impossible to be able to tell where these came from but its not adding up right from the pictures i see on here and what my fish are looking like so tell me what you think?
these are my 3 "metas" they are all about 11-13 inches

now here is my cusiana he is about 9 inches

side by side...

i know the metas go threw a spangled stage, but to me it seem the golden green color is wrong for metas and i also dont see much blue on the fins. my cusiana looks more blue to me. anyways im more than happy with how my fish look i just wanted to know some others opinions. cant wait to see what they look like in another 6 + inches :nilly:

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
They almost look to be showing a "stress" patern

Even though the cusiana is smaller he might be the boss of the tank. Either that or they are just late bloomers p-bass can go through some wild color changes for sure.

for example this is the same fish pictures are taken around 2 weeks apart.

DSC_0009.JPG

By johno27 at 2011-12-13

DSC_0009.JPG

wheatgerm

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
utah
I really don't think they are stressed but its possible! I know what your saying about color change though! I have watched them change a ton over the last few months. But it seems they are becoming more gold with more spangling when they were about 6 inches they were bright green/blue with powder blue fins and almost no spangling

wheatgerm

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2010
utah
:drool: cant wait till mine get that big ...beautiful
thanks! Like I said im not upset with how they are looking, just curious that mine don't look like alot of other metas posted on here. And i have been waiting a long time for them to be this size haha but enjoy all the stages they go threw because you only get that stage once!

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
My Meta's showed red and spangle and were Very gold just be patient they will change for ya!!By the way they look sharp/....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store