Peacock Bass breeding

domresvanis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
Hobart Tasmania/....Athens Greece
Hi everybody.Today my pair of Bass is breeding fot 2nd time.The 1st time (5 months ago) they eat the eggs but today it looks that the female knows what to do.Any advice what id the best food to start feeding the babies?Any advice is WELCOME.
thanks
Dom

domresvanis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
They must be Temensis or Monoculus.I bought for Monoculus but i am not sure.I ll try to post some photos soon to find out what they are.I read about live brine shrimps at a post but he lost too many babies and he believes that brine shrimp is not enough for them to grow.Do you think that brine shrimp its ok and that he did another mistake to lose the most of them?
Thanks

ingrda

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2010
London, UK
Feed them live brine very often, like 5-10 times a day.
However, that's only from reading other peoples results
rather than any personal experience. Congrats on getting
them to spawn

domresvanis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
Thank you ingrda..thats what someone else told me to feed them every 1 hour.but is this enough?i am thinking to feed them powder food for babies plus cyclops..i hate to see them dying like flies cause of food issues..

oscarfishguy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2010
USA
In my experience, brine shrimp is the only way to go. I have tried the powdered and frozen foods and nothing works as well as live brine shrimp. Feed them as many times a day as you can without polluting the water. Good Luck!

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
It's freshly hatched live brine shrimp and lot's of it. After 2 week's add in finely ground Hikari. Hikari first bite's would be your alternitive to ground pellet's but you will run out of each of these and Live takes time. At this time cannabilism will start in your fry tank and so on so stay on top of trying to perfect hatching live brine if your serious......good luck.

domresvanis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
BASS AND LEO 028.JPGBASS AND LEO 034.JPGBASS AND LEO 036.JPGBASS AND LEO 052.JPGBASS AND LEO 051.JPG
So cannabilism starts when the fish are 1.0-1.5 cm and about 2 weeks old?If i ll put the babies after 2 weeks in 2 tanks about 120x60x60cm is it going to work or it will be hard to feed them at this stage?
Here are some photos of them.Are they Monoculus or Temansis?
Thanks everybody for the help...
Cheers

BASS AND LEO 028.JPG

BASS AND LEO 034.JPG

BASS AND LEO 036.JPG

BASS AND LEO 052.JPG

BASS AND LEO 051.JPG

ingrda

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2010
London, UK