Stocking of 300gal 96" long 28" wide 25"high

Foxlarocks

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
930025n_20.jpeg
So I have found a nice size 300gallon forsale at a hell of a price.
As an avid fisherman I have always wanted to keep bass like species and have always wanted Peacock bass.
Now I always like to make sure that my fish have more than enough room to be happy for their entire life

My question is, How many peacock bass can comfortable live in a 300gallon for life?
Is there a certain subspecies I should aim for? I also really enjoy large catfish. What type of clean up crew can I look into? I have always be facinated by the Shovlenose catfish, would I be able to comfortably keep one for life in this size of tank?

The tank has a drilled overflow on each side.
I am not sure weather to dip into a sump, or patch the holes and just run two FX5's.

930025n_20.jpeg

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Run a sump for sure. IF you put a 120g sump under there it will allow you to stock that thing the way you want it. And the maintanance on a sump is much easier.

As far as sub species of cichla for that tank....Id look into a trio of kelberi for that tank.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Nice looking tank, but get it inside before it cracks in the cold:)

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
YEAA another winnipegger on MFK!! I saw this ad and wanted to buy it so much it was a great deal but I'm not allowed anything bigger than my 70g right now. The glad to see there's others. Hope you post pictures so i can see that beast

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
I say kels and azuls would be nice, oh and armatus :headbang2. Bottom line is its your tank do it however you like it and what an awesome find btw hope you pick it up soon. And keep us updated with pics I would love to see this through.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store