ICk HELPP!!!

redfestae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2011
NC
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?457785-Peacock-bass-ID-THEM-PLEASE

Well like i said in this post i just got them and they got ick....but i can not seem to get my heater to go past 82 F....because the turning thing stop at 82...idk why but it said on the box of the heat that it can go up to 96-65 F. But it seem i can only go to 82-74 F. Anyone know what wrong with it or can i buy a heater that can go past 82? and i add salt and 50% water change with 25% treating. But my stupid heater is not working i guess...because my temp is at 70.... and not 82....anyone know what going on with my heater? And also mt tank is a 75g, the heater is for a 79g tanks.

anarekist

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles
could be alot of things, your heater may be rated too small for your tank size, or your heater might have faulty temp sensor or your thermometer may be incorrect.

fish n chips

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
ireland
dont know,,but u can boil a kettle and add it to your water change water just por it in slow,, not sure if thats any use to you

i noticed my temp droped when i added my canister, so maybe thats why ur temp wont go up

redfestae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2011
NC
YEs thanks guys i know i need to get the temp up fast but my heater thing can not turn pas 82 F idk why? it have all the way to 96 F And chizzle bro i saw your pix. are u a BJJ? because i am a Almost blue belt BJJ haha only been in for train for like 8 mouth i got 4 strips on my white! took 1st at naga on my 1st tournament at naga.

Bassrutten

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2011
Australia, Perth
YEs thanks guys i know i need to get the temp up fast but my heater thing can not turn pas 82 F idk why? it have all the way to 96 F And chizzle bro i saw your pix. are u a BJJ? because i am a Almost blue belt BJJ haha only been in for train for like 8 mouth i got 4 strips on my white! took 1st at naga on my 1st tournament at naga.
If your current heater has some problem or it can't get it up to that temp... just get a new one, for your fish.

offtopic: thinking about training BJJ right now... weird.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Raise that Temp and get Tetra brand Ich-Guard, it will be gone in 24hrs.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
add another heater..

Then dose w/ aquarium salt. Start w/ half dosage and go from there. Do water changes reguarly and vac the substrate really good. If it will not go away you may have to get rid of the substrate and make the tank bare bottom. If all else fails use meds.

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
Have the same problem with my 2x 300watt Eheim Jagers on my 150. I have them cranked up all the way and they top out at 85F. The Aqueons I have on my 240 on the other hand are only 250 watt and actually heat up to what you calibrate them to.

Yeah I practice BJJ, I've been a blue belt for over 2 years now and train under Robert Drysdale. I have 4 stripes and will be getting promoted to purple this march =]. Last time i competed was in July and I took 1st at Grapplers Quest. Haven't competed since then, cuz ive been dealing with some major injuries. Trying to heal up before Pan Ams this March lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store